Residence of David and Elizabeth Peery
The Peery Mansion was built in 1893 for David Harold Peery and Elizabeth Higginbotham Peery. The house was a casualty of the Great Depression and was torn down in 1931 to avoid taxes.
Originally from Virginia, David Peery came to Utah in 1864 and eventually moving to Ogden in 1866. He was a business man, political and religious leader and served as Ogden City Mayor.
Architect: Leslie S. Hodgson
Contractor and Builder: Christpher Ingebrestsen
Landscape Gardiner: William W. Foster
469 24th Street (Southwest corner of Adams Avenue & 24th Street)
Ogden UT 84401